26.5.10

My sweetheart went to Zürich and brought me...


Luxemburgerli.

Wiki says they're 'lighter and more airy' than macarons. I don't know.. to me, they taste like macarons, and like very very good ones, too.



The biscuit has that wonderful combination of being shatteringly crisp on the outside and tender, soft and almost chewy on the inside. Quite a feat for such a small biscuit! The fillings are thick and creamy and intensely flavored, not too sweet. I'd say that these macarons which are not macarons, are some of the best non-Hermé macarons I´ve tasted!

7 comments:

MEM said...

Speaking of which....I can't remember: did you go to Pierre Herme in London?

Klary Koopmans said...

yes.. after the disappointing Indian dinner we went to Selfridges, bought 4 macarons and ate them sitting at the busstop.
Am going to paris in 2 weeks so more macaron happiness on the horizon..

RachelD said...

Macarons at a bus stop can cover a multitude of sins.

Zora said...

Funny, I was just wondering what they ate in Luxembourg... Those look gorgeous!

Daniëla said...

Die Luxemburgerli zijn echt verrukkulluk! Wat een geluk dat je die nu ook kent!

talhajt said...

wist niet waar te typen, dus maar hier.
moest vandaag aan je blog denken: de aldi heeft namelijk macarons in de vriezer liggen!
misschien iets om uit te testen?
zo'n 12 stuks voor maar een eurootje of 4! Ik verwacht geen excellentie, maar wonderen bestaan!

Klary Koopmans said...

talhajt, ga ze uitproberen, ik heb inderdaad geen hoge verwachtingen voor zo weinig geld, maar bedankt voor de tip!